Monday, October 13, 2014

FORUMS: Multiple Account Detection In Place!

Fair warning to anyone who's been creating multiple accounts to make themselves more popular/more rep/for fun! Milla has just added in a spam account detection which will detect when you log in to two or more different accounts. Some forumers have relations on the forums which means they may occasionally share a device. 

From the forums:

We have a plugin in place now that detects when more than one person logs in from the same device. It's picked up a few of you that share devices, and I'm aware of those. 

Others look suspiciously like they're posting as more than one person. I have emailed one of you, and will email two more shortly. 

If you think your legitimate use of one device between two or more of you will be detected, please save me the trouble of hitting you up when it happens by emailing support at theblockheads.net telling me which forum users use one of your devices, so I don't come after you needlessly. It's clearly perfectly fine to share devices with others. I just need to know, because the forum will detect it now.

If you have more than one account without permission, please come to me by emailing support at theblockheads.net before I find you, because if I find you before you own up there will be a punitive action taken against you. If you come to me first there will be none.

This moratorium will be in effect indefinitely, but for it to cover your multiple accounts you have to come to me and own up before I bust you.

No comments:

Post a Comment